- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Escobar has 3 hits, leads Royals over Rangers
Question of the Day
Joakim Soria was told before the game he would be Texas’ closer. He gave up his first run of spring training in the eighth.
Escobar hit a bases-clearing double in the Royals‘ five-run second inning. Escobar also doubled in the fifth and scored on Justin Maxwell’s homer.
Vargas scattered eight hits over seven innings, allowing one run, while walking one and striking out five.
“Overall, it was a good day,” Vargas said. “Kept some innings from being prolonged. They are going to get on base. That’s how the game is, but you can’t dwell on it. The key is to make that pitch to get you out of the inning. I was able to get up close to 100 pitches without feeling really fatigued, so that’s a good sign.”
“It’s never a good time to go out there and have that performance,” Hanson said. “Spring is coming to an end and obviously I wish I’d thrown better and have had more balls down. But I didn’t.”
Rangers rookie Michael Choice hit a three-run homer in the eighth and raised his average to .340.
“Vargas was really good,” Yost said. “He got us through seven innings under 100 pitches. That’s a perfect scenario right there. He gives up a hit and he gets back on the mound and makes pitches. He’s real efficient with his pitches. His command is really, really good, as good as anybody we’ve got at painting those corners.
“I’m real pleased where he’s at. He’s ready to go.”
SCHEPPERS WINS ROTATION SLOT
Gun rights apply to the District, too
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq