- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
- Obama’s ‘Katrina moment’ leaves his favorability factor at 42 percent
- Feds tout nearly 200 arrests, $625K in seized cash in Texas border crackdown
New law ensures audited taxpayers get documents
Question of the Day
LANSING, Mich. (AP) - A new Michigan law requires the state to give taxpayers being audited all relevant documents and correspondence.
The measure signed Thursday by Gov. Rick Snyder also requires audit standards to be created within a year at the Michigan Treasury Department. The standards would address confidentiality, internal control, sampling, technical training and other issues.
Snyder also signed a law clarifying when separate legal entities may be created by interlocal agreements. Another new law eliminates a requirement that a home not be for sale in order for a homeowner living in a nursing home or assisted living facility to continue claiming a principal residence property tax exemption.
Public Act 35: http://1.usa.gov/1gGrcZa
TWT Video Picks
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq