- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
State senator 1 of 5 finalists for UA lobbyist job
Question of the Day
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) - Republican state Sen. Johnny Key of Mountain Home is one of five finalists for a lobbyist position for the University of Arkansas.
UA spokesman Steve Voorhies told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette (http://bit.ly/1hSrH4X ) that Key and the others were interviewed by a search committee.
The other finalists are Washington, D.C.-based Mac Campbell; Seattle-area higher education consultant Allison Rosenberg; Little Rock advertising executive Denver Peacock; and Randy Massanelli, the state director for U.S. Sen. Mark Pryor.
The job carries the title of vice chancellor for governmental relations.
Current Vice Chancellor Richard Hudson has announced plans to retire June 30 after holding the job for two decades.
Voorhies says the committee plans to meet again to discuss the finalists and he expects a recommendation on which person to hire will come in early April.
Information from: Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, http://www.arkansasonline.com
TWT Video Picks
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- BERMAN & MADYOON: An Iranian-Turkish reset
- MAY: Barbarians at Jordan's gate
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare in intensive care
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq