- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Tom Ridge to speak at Bethany commencement
Question of the Day
BETHANY, W.Va. (AP) - Former Pennsylvania governor and U.S. homeland security chief Tom Ridge will speak at Bethany College’s spring commencement.
The Daily Times (http://bit.ly/1eyWXan ) reports that the ceremony is set for May 17.
Ridge was governor from 1995 to 2001. After the 9-11 terrorist attacks, he became the first assistant to the president for homeland security. In 2003 he became the first secretary of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
The Erie, Pa., native also served in the U.S. House of Representatives from 1983 to 1995. He’s now CEO of a security consulting firm.
Bethany President Scott Miller says Ridge’s accomplishments serve as “a shining example of what is possible.”
Information from: The Weirton Daily Times, http://www.weirtondailytimes.com
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world