- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Zags and Wildcats playing for Sweet 16 spot
Question of the Day
HITTING 3s: Arizona has a big, athletic front line anchored by Kaleb Tarczewski, but needs to hit shots from the perimeter to keep opponents from packing it in. The Wildcats have been a decent 3-point shooting team, hitting 36 percent, but have had games where the shots just won’t fall. Arizona was on the mark against Weber State, making 7 of 14 from the arc, including two by sharpshooter Gabe York that got the Wildcats going after an early funk.
FREE THROWS: If the game gets tight and comes down to free throws, Gonzaga could have the advantage. Gonzaga’s top three scorers - Pangos, Dower and Gary Bell Jr. -all shoot at least 80 percent and the Zags sealed their win over Oklahoma State from the line. Arizona lost the Pac-12 championship game to UCLA in part because it went 6 for 16 on free throws and freshman Aaron Gordon, one of its best players, has been fighting a mental block from the line, hitting just 43 percent of his attempts.
By Scott Pinsker
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- D.C. plans to seek stay of order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Islamic State opens 'marriage bureau' for single jihadists
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq