- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
China’s Yueer Cindy Feng wins Symetra Tour event
Question of the Day
LAKE WALES, Fla. (AP) - China’s Yueer Cindy Feng won the Florida’s Natural Charity Classic on Sunday for her first Symetra Tour title.
The 18-year-old Feng closed with a 5-under 67 to finish at 9-under 207 at Lake Wales Country Club. She eagled the par-5 10th and had five birdies and two bogeys.
“It means so much to do it in Lake Wales, which is close to home,” said Feng, who has lived in Orlando since 2005. “It’s just so nice to be out here and win.”
Making her third start on the tour, Feng earned $18,750 to jump from 10th to first on the money list with $22,484. The top 10 at the end of the season will earn LPGA Tour cards.
“This win takes the pressure off a little bit to know that I am able to perform well out here and to know I have a head-start,” Feng said. “Knowing that I won the event with a bigger purse always helps, too.”
She parred the final six holes.
“On the back nine, the wind started picking up and I had to stay patient and calm and make pars and just get to the next hole,” Feng said.
Megan McChrystal, Jackie Stoelting and Canada’s Maude-Aimee Leblanc - the second-round leader - tied for second, four strokes back. McChrystal shot 67, Stoelting 71, and Leblanc 72.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is 'torture'
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
- Ted Nugent loses second casino gig for 'racist remarks'
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq