- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Man, 25, dies in South Los Angeles house fire
Question of the Day
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Authorities say a 25-year-old man has been killed in a house fire in Los Angeles.
Police, fire and coroner’s officials were investigating the blaze Sunday, but there is no suspicion of foul play.
City fire spokeswoman Katherine Main says the fire was reported at 10:40 p.m. at the one-story home in South Los Angeles.
The man’s name has not been released.
Fire Capt. Jaime Moore tells City News Service the house had a smoke alarm but it was unclear whether it was working, and firefighters walked through the surrounding neighborhood passing out alarms and batteries Sunday.
The city has seen a surge in fire deaths this year, with 13 so far compared to 22 in all of 2013.
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world