- Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
Police in Anne Arundel to begin carrying ‘Narcan’
Question of the Day
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) - Anne Arundel County police officers will soon be carrying “Narcan,” a nasal spray that can be used to treat heroin overdoses.
Anne Arundel County police said Monday that patrol officers are being trained on the use of the spray. Police say they’re taking the step because during the summer of 2013 police started to notice a rise in heroin overdoses in the county.
Police say they’ve put together a plan to target heroin dealers. Now, members of the police department are being trained by fire officials on how to use Narcan, which reverses the effects of heroin and other opiates.
Police say that so far in 2014 a total of 85 people have suffered heroin overdoses, with 12 of them being fatal.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Star witness in Bob McDonnell corruption trial refutes 'crush' defense
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world