- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
UNH opens greenhouses to eager gardeners
Question of the Day
DURHAM, N.H. (AP) - The University of New Hampshire is holding its annual Greenhouse Open House for eager gardeners - some still aching from shoveling snow the first day of spring.
The MacFarlane Greenhouse will be open Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
University faculty, staff and students will offer lectures on a variety of topics including seed saving, drip irrigation and soil testing. Visitors can also learn about UNH research on cutting-edge genetics and hydroponics.
Attendees will be able to purchase plants from Thompson School horticulture students and tour greenhouses where students grow greens for on-campus consumption.
Lunch and coffee will be available at the Greenhouse Cafe, with proceeds helping to fund the Thompson School Horticultural Club’s spring trip to Longwood Gardens in Pennsylvania.
TWT Video Picks
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world