- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- African leader cancels trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag when Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
Stars edge Jets for 2-1 victory
Question of the Day
DALLAS (AP) - The Dallas Stars used a strong power play to stay in the Western Conference playoff chase on Monday night.
“Power plays for us won it, and the power play for them got them back into it,” Whitney said.
The victory allowed Dallas to move within a point of the Phoenix Coyotes for the Western Conference’s final playoff spot. The Stars have missed the playoffs in each of the past five seasons.
Winnipeg had a 4-on-3 power play, and added a fifth skater by pulling goalie Al Montoya.
“Kari was excellent. His saves were great, and his puck handling really helped us. He made some good passes.”
The Jets continued to fade in the postseason race.
“It is (tough to make a playoff push like this),” Winnipeg coach Paul Maurice said. “The final results haven’t been good enough for our team. We’re just getting closer to it. We’re not there.”
The Jets are 2-6-3 in their past 11 games. One of the victories was a 7-2 rout of visiting Dallas eight days earlier.
Ruff said he did not use that game as motivation.
“I didn’t even talk about last week. We had a tough night in goal, and when you start chasing the game, it can get ugly.”
Dallas’ defense has allowed only two goals in the past two games after giving up 16 in the previous three, all losses.
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world