- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Inside the Beltway: Christie’s appetite for the White House
Question of the Day
“The intake of beer marinated meat can be a suitable mitigation strategy,” say the researchers, who published their findings in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry.
POLL DU JOUR
• 84 percent of Americans say they “definitely” will vote in the 2014 midterm elections; 81 percent of Republicans, 68 percent of Democrats and 71 percent of independents agree.
• 57 percent overall say they are “enthusiastic” about voting in 2014; 70 percent of Republicans, 58 percent of Democrats and 47 percent of independents agree.
• 50 percent overall have been paying attention to the 2014 campaigns; 53 percent of Republicans, 46 percent of Democrats and 53 percent of independents agree.
• 39 percent overall would vote Republican if the election were today; 83 percent of Republicans, 3 percent of Democrats and 34 percent of independents agree.
• 39 percent overall would vote Democratic; 4 percent of Republicans, 85 percent of Democrats and 25 percent of independents agree.
• 17 percent overall either don’t know or say “it depends”; 10 percent of Republicans, 11 percent of Democrats and 30 percent of independents agree.
Source: A CBS News poll of 1,047 U.S. adults conducted March 20-23.
• Press releases and recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Inside the Beltway: Just a little media protection for the White House
- Some federal help for old American battlefields: $1.3 million to spruce them up
- Inside the Beltway: Frugal-phobic Congress offers 828 spending bills
- It's grim: 911 Commission warns terrorism has entered 'a new and dangerous phase'
- Inside the Beltway: The evolving White House deflection strategy
Latest Blog Entries
- A startling 20 percent of Democratic lawmakers already endorse Hillary Clinton for president
- Hey food police: calling obesity a 'disease' is actually a health risk
- Cheese and an 'enhanced experience': White House goes showbiz on the State of the Union address
- Cruz calls it a 'circus': the State of the Union spectacle begins
- Half of American fans say God and 'supernatural' forces are in play during sports events
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Inside China: Massive flight woes and a missile test
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq