- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- State Department: ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
Head of VW’s lone US plant returning to Germany
Question of the Day
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP) - Frank Fischer, who has headed Volkswagen’s only U.S. plant in Chattanooga since its construction, is leaving to manage the automaker’s factory in Emden, Germany.
Fischer will be replaced by Christian Koch, a managing director at Volkswagen operations in Saxony, Germany.
The management change comes amid an ongoing labor dispute at the Chattanooga plant. Workers at the plant narrowly rejected representation by the United Auto Workers in a vote last month.
The union is challenging those results, claiming that Republican politicians like U.S. Sen. Bob Corker interfered with the election by suggesting the company would expand if workers rejected the UAW. The company denied any link between the UAW vote and future production increases.
The National Labor Relations Board has scheduled a hearing on the UAW challenge next month in Chattanooga.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world