- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- African leader cancels trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag when Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
Ledger, NJ Advance operations, to reorganize
Question of the Day
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) - The Star-Ledger and its sister newspapers in New Jersey have announced plans to form a new media company as part of a major reorganization.
Executives from Advance Publications say some functions will be consolidated and some jobs lost but that individual papers will continue operating as independent companies with their own newsrooms.
The new company, NJ Advance Media, will begin operating in June. It will provide marketing and advertising services, and later also content, for the Star-Ledger and NJ.com, the online presence of the Advance papers.
NJ Advance Media will also provide limited content and sales services to other affiliated dailies and weeklies in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, including The Times of Trenton, the South Jersey Times, The Hunterdon Democrat and The Express-Times of Easton, Pa.
The companies say the reorganization is a response to rapid change in the industry and will allow them to improve their products.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world