- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
New deputies in Umatilla County budget plan
Question of the Day
PENDLETON, Ore. (AP) - Commissioner George Murdock says Umatilla County’s budget proposal includes enough money for two new sheriff’s deputies.
Murdock tells the East Oregonian (http://is.gd/llyuBh ) newspaper that county commissioners have made the commitment to public safety despite two public safety levies failing in November 2013.
The commissioners also plan to add a correctional officer, which would allow the jail to expand capacity.
Murdock says another goal is to find a place for deputies to work out of in Milton-Freewater.
The sheriff’s office headquarters are in Pendleton and deputies also have a spot in Hermiston. He says it’s time for a Milton-Freewater site, and there’s enough money.
Information from: East Oregonian, http://www.eastoregonian.info
TWT Video Picks
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- DCCC raising money on suggestion Obama impeachment is imminent
- Washington Times strikes content and marketing partnership with Redskins
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- Pentagon running out of time to find mass of missing weapons in Afghanistan
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq