- Dancing Kim Jong-un video sparks North Korea fury
- Delta cancels all Israel flights over missile fear; US Airways also stops flight to Tel Aviv
- Philadelphia mosque leaders try to sever hand of accused thief
- NAACP: Detroit water shutoffs are racially motivated
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Big milestone for Britain’s little Prince George who turns 1
- Murphy: Israel must be wary of Hamas using civilian deaths for recruitment
- Royce: Putin recruiting ‘every skinhead and malcontent around Russia’
- Nancy Pelosi is adamant: Congress worked together when Bush was president
- ‘Slender Man’ stabbing victim receives Purple Heart from anonymous veteran
NY college to offer Miley Cyrus class, twerk-free
Question of the Day
SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. (AP) - A college in upstate New York is offering a summer course on Miley Cyrus and won’t even make students do any class twerk.
The Saratogian newspaper reports (http://bit.ly/1rEU9Og ) the course will be offered by Skidmore College, a private liberal arts college in Saratoga Springs.
Chernoff says she’ll focus on the 21-year-old performer and all her incarnations as a way to study such topics as gender, race, class, fame and power.
She says she got the idea after teaching a course on youth culture that featured video of Cyrus twerking at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards.
But Chernoff says students will have to learn how to twerk on their own time.
Information from: The Saratogian, http://www.saratogian.com
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- Obamacare dealt massive setback by federal appeals court
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters' questions on book tour
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq