- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Wisconsin top seed in NCAA Midwest Regional
Question of the Day
THANKS, WE THINK: North Dakota reached the tournament with help from a traditional rival. Wisconsin beat Ohio State 5-4 in overtime for the Big Ten title, knocking the Buckeyes out of the running and opening an at-large berth for North Dakota. Some of the players sent texts and tweets to the Badgers thanking them for the assist. That was before they learned that they’d be facing each other in the semifinals.
“It’s kind of ironic we’re playing them,” said sophomore defenseman Jordan Schmaltz, one of those who celebrated Wisconsin’s win. “So maybe I’ll recant that statement.”
WISCONSIN’S SENIORS: The Badgers’ nine seniors give them a lot of experience, but it’s their experience in one game that helps them now. They reached the tournament last year and got beat by UMass-Lowell 6-1, an ugly ending that taught them a few things that helped them get ready for this one.
“Last year it caught us by surprise a little bit when we got to that regional game,” captain Frankie Simonelli said.
“This year, there’s a different demeanor in the locker room,” junior defenseman Jake McCabe said. “We have this No. 1 seed and a lot of confidence. We’re not done with playing hockey right now.”
THIS AND THAT: North Dakota has seven national titles (1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000), while Wisconsin has three (1977, 1983, 2006). … Wisconsin and North Dakota will be playing for the 164th time. … The Badgers are 0-2 in the tournament against North Dakota, losing 5-2 in the 1982 title game and 3-2 in overtime in a 2008 regional final. … Ferris State is in the tournament for the third time, also making it in 2003. The Bulldogs are the only Michigan team in the tournament. … Colgate is one of the youngest teams in the nation with 17 freshmen and sophomores. It’s in the tournament for the first time since 2005.
Follow Joe Kay on Twitter: http://twitter.com/apjoekay
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors