- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Enstrom’s late goal helps Jets beat Sharks 4-3
Question of the Day
The Sharks opened the scoring less than 2 minutes into the game when Sheppard sent a pass from the point that deflected off Marty Havlat’s stick and right to Boyle, who beat Montoya with a backhand for his first goal in 30 games.
The Jets answered just 36 seconds later when Ladd put in a rebound of Michael Frolik’s shot for his 22nd goal. It came in Ladd’s first game back after missing Monday’s tilt in Dallas for the birth of his daughter.
“There’s a little bit of energy in the building, and bang it’s gone,” Sharks coach Todd McLellan said. “They come right back down and score and we have to start all over. That was probably a bit of a turning point, may have been an indication of things to come.”
San Jose went back in front late in the period on Burns‘ power-play goal.
NOTES: Thornton became the 100th player to play in 1,200 career NHL games. … Former Sharks F Devin Setoguchi was a healthy scratch for the Jets. … San Jose recalled F Freddie Hamilton from Worcester of the AHL to replace F Adam Burish, who had surgery on two broken fingers on his left hand.
By Scott Pinsker
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- D.C. plans to seek stay of order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Islamic State opens 'marriage bureau' for single jihadists
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq