- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare unfixable, needs to be scrapped
Question of the Day
I urge all Republican members of Congress to oppose any and all amendments that those scared Democrats up for re-election have proposed to what is possibly the most poorly named law in the history of the world: The Affordable Care Act.
I know the Three Musketeers of liberty, GOP Sens. Ted Cruz of Texas, Rand Paul of Kentucky and Mike Lee of Utah, will stand firm. It is the spineless Republicans, such as House Speaker John A. Boehner and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, who worry me.
Obamacare is a very bad law, and it needs to be scrapped and replaced with a measure that contains the essential ingredients to lower health care costs. These include “loser pays” tort reform, portability and health care savings accounts, just to name a few common-sense conservative proposals.
Obamacare is so bad that President Obama has changed it by presidential decree more than 30 times already. It is a stupid law, and in the words of comedian Ron White, “You can’t fix stupid.”
Newport News, Va.
About the Author
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Time for some policy 'pars' from golfer-in-chief
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Texas law is making women safer
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Redskins partnership is a win-win
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: No taxpayer funds for illegals
- EDITORIAL: The two faces of Mark Warner
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job