- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare unfixable, needs to be scrapped
Question of the Day
I urge all Republican members of Congress to oppose any and all amendments that those scared Democrats up for re-election have proposed to what is possibly the most poorly named law in the history of the world: The Affordable Care Act.
I know the Three Musketeers of liberty, GOP Sens. Ted Cruz of Texas, Rand Paul of Kentucky and Mike Lee of Utah, will stand firm. It is the spineless Republicans, such as House Speaker John A. Boehner and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, who worry me.
Obamacare is a very bad law, and it needs to be scrapped and replaced with a measure that contains the essential ingredients to lower health care costs. These include “loser pays” tort reform, portability and health care savings accounts, just to name a few common-sense conservative proposals.
Obamacare is so bad that President Obama has changed it by presidential decree more than 30 times already. It is a stupid law, and in the words of comedian Ron White, “You can’t fix stupid.”
Newport News, Va.
About the Author
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare enrollees faking for freebies
- EDITORIAL: Feds harassing the deliveryman
- EDITORIAL: Poor Hillary, rock-star wannabe
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Investigate airliner downing, but not Benghazi?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Say no to atheist 'chaplains'
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
Get Breaking Alerts
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Democratic Sen. John Walsh plagiarized War College master's thesis: report
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- Hezbollah warring in Syria could join fight against Israel
- Despite rhetoric, gun prosecutions plummet under Obama
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote