- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Man sentenced for theft of Pioneer Woman statue
Question of the Day
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. (AP) - An Independence man was sentenced to seven years in prison for stealing a statue from a museum and trying to sell it for scrap.
Thirty-year-old Randy Perez was sentenced Thursday for his role in the theft of the Pioneer Woman statue from the National Frontier Trails Museum in Independence.
He was one of three people charged in the June 2013 theft of the life-size bronze statue of a woman with a baby in one arm and a bucket in the other. The cases against the other two suspects are pending.
The Independence Examiner reports (http://bit.ly/1dzhoFG ) that police believe the statue was destroyed and the three suspects tried to sell it to a recycling plant in Kansas City.
An artist has been commissioned to create a similar statue for the museum.
Information from: The Examiner, http://www.examiner.net
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
- Obama vows veto of House border bill
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors