- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village, 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
Redskins sign Mike McGlynn; offensive lineman spent last two seasons with Colts
Question of the Day
The 6-foot-4, 325-pound McGlynn, who turns 30 in March, was originally drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles in the fourth round in 2008. He spent his first three years in Philadelphia before being waived when rosters were trimmed at the end of the preseason, and was claimed by the Cincinnati Bengals, where new Redskins coach Jay Gruden was in his first year as the team’s offensive coordinator.
He played in 15 games for the Colts during the 2013 regular season, starting 14 — 11 at right guard and three at center.
McGlynn will offer the Redskins additional depth on the interior of their offensive line. Gruden told reporters at the owners’ meetings at Orlando on Wednesday that Kory Lichtensteiger will shift from left guard to center following the release of Will Montgomery earlier this month, while the recently signed Shawn Lauvao will slot in at left guard.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Leonard Hankerson awaiting return from knee surgery
- GETTING PHYSICAL: Putting on the pads sets tone for day of hitting at Redskins practice
- Pierre Garcon misses portion of practice with hamstring injury
- Redskins sign outside linebacker Everette Brown
- Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with teammates
Latest Blog Entries
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Ticket me Elmo? NYC mulls law for impersonators
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Government OKs Arab-owned company Gulftainer to operate U.S. cargo port
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world