- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Lower Brule group opposing pipeline plans meeting
Question of the Day
LOWER BRULE, S.D. (AP) - A Lower Brule group opposing the TransCanada Keystone XL pipeline is holding an informational meeting on Sunday morning.
The Descendents of Treaty Signers Protecting the Future project was formed by a group of Lakota people living on the reservation. Its goal is to unite all races of people to pray for protection against the harm if the pipeline is allowed to cross South Dakota.
The group says it has with joined other members of Great Sioux Nation, as well as farmers and ranchers who also oppose the construction.
The group also plans to ask that the Lower Brule Tribal administration rescind the permission granted to TransCanada to build a power line across reservation boundaries.
The meeting at the Lower Brule Community Center starts at 8:30 a.m.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors