- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Settle wedding-cake matter in marketplace
Question of the Day
There is no small amount of irony in the position of homosexual rights supporters in Arizona’s consideration of its Senate bill on religious freedom (“Brewer veto backs gay rights over Arizona business’ religious rights,” Page 1, Feb. 27).
When the issue is abortion, where religious beliefs also come into play and Americans still remain sharply divided, a great many of these same supporters of Gov. Brewer’s veto will, with the proverbial shoe on the other foot, shout from rooftops that it’s all about “choice.”
They will argue that a woman has the right to choose and that religious beliefs should not be allowed to get in the way. Yet when sides are reversed, it is all about compel, comply and obey. For them, the baker’s freedom of “choice” is not up for discussion. Why?
I have always thought it odd a homosexual couple would want to force their business on a merchant that declined to serve them based on the merchant’s religious beliefs.
This is particularly the case when there are so many other options available, and they can take their business elsewhere. This issue needs to be settled in the marketplace, not the courtroom.
COL. CHRIS J. KRISINGER
U.S. Air Force (retired)
About the Author
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Reject any legislation dubbed 'comprehensive'
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Media are complicit in Hamas' tactics
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Gazans should help defeat Hamas
- EDITORIAL: The impeachment trap
- EDITORIAL: Illegal aliens in the shadows? What shadows?
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women's fitness tests