- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
Pregnant woman in labor robbed at gunpoint in Annapolis
Question of the Day
A pregnant woman in labor was robbed at gunpoint in Annapolis on Sunday morning, a local news station reported.
The woman and her partner were held up by two suspected robbers at 4:30 a.m, according to WBAL-TV. The gunmen left the scene in a stolen vehicle and were later captured after fleeing on foot at Tyler Court.
Identified as Devery Kelley, 24, of Annapolis, and Cornell Robinson, 44, of Washington, the gunmen threw a handgun from the vehicle during the chase that was recovered, Annapolis police said.
The pregnant woman was said to be in labor prior to the robbery and was taken to Anne Arundel Medical Center, WBAL reported.
Hospital officials told the station that the woman was in good health, but didn’t elaborate.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New York Times reporter Carol Vogel accused of plagiarism
- Murdered teen texted boyfriend: 'OMG ... I think I'm being kidnapped'
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Killer's sentencing overturned because mother couldn't find seat in courtroom
- Hundreds gather at Lincoln Memorial to honor Korean War veterans
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Ticket me Elmo? NYC mulls law for impersonators
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Government OKs Arab-owned company Gulftainer to operate U.S. cargo port
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world