- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
Coalition formed to promote NY gas drilling
Question of the Day
BINGHAMTON, N.Y. (AP) - A new coalition of labor groups, farmers, landowners and businesses from New York counties along the Pennsylvania border is calling on state officials to lift the nearly 6-year-old moratorium on shale gas development.
Binghamton attorney Scott Kurkoski says Monday that the coalition called Southern Tier Residents for Economic Independence favors well-regulated, responsible development of natural gas resources.
The coalition is similar in makeup to the now-defunct Clean Growth Now, formed several years ago for the same purpose.
Kurkoski says the group will give a voice to residents of the Southern Tier who favor gas drilling and serve as a counterpoint to opposition groups that he says are based outside the Marcellus Shale gas region.
He says the coalition believes natural gas drilling offers an economic lifeline in a depressed region.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is 'torture'
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq