- ‘Queen of Mean’ Leona Helmsley’s former home hits market for $65M
- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
Mann chosen OVC player of year, Byrd coach of year
Question of the Day
BRENTWOOD, Tenn. (AP) - The Belmont Bruins just keep taking top awards in the Ohio Valley Conference with J.J. Mann voted the league’s player of the year and Rick Byrd taking coach of the year honors for a second straight season.
The OVC announced the awards Tuesday voted on by the league’s coaches and sports information directors.
This is only Belmont’s second season in the OVC. Mann becomes the second Belmont player to take top honors after he averaged 18.4 points and 4.8 rebounds a game. Byrd coached Belmont to a second straight OVC championship by going 14-2 again for the Bruins’ fifth straight league title overall.
Corey Walden of Eastern Kentucky is the league’s defensive player of the year. Guard Cameron Payne of Murray State is the freshman of the year.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women's fitness tests
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world