- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
N. Korea accused of firing 7 artillery shells into seas
Question of the Day
This is the third provocation the North has been blamed for since the United States and South Korea opened joint military exercise, The Associated Press reported. Seoul accused North Korea of two prior occasions in recent days of firing off a total of six Scud missiles into seas off its coast.
Military experts largely think the North is flexing its muscles with the not-so-subtle shows of military strength — but that escalation isn’t likely.
North Korea has also fired artillery shells a few weeks ago, and says they are training exercises for invasion, AP reported.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thomas the Tank Engine show is racist, British blogger accuses
- Scott Brown struggles for political traction in New Hampshire Senate race
- Satanists to use Hobby Lobby rule to skirt state abortion laws
- Rush Limbaugh: 'There is no journalism anymore'
- Toronto's Rob Ford takes rehabbed self to kids' playground for political props
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- PHILLIPS: Once-in-a-century stupidity
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world