- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
FEMA: Pier work not reimbursable
Question of the Day
LONG BEACH, Miss. (AP) - Harrison County officials say they spent $174,000 to repair the Jim Simpson Pier in Long Beach with the understanding the Federal Emergency Management Agency would reimburse them.
WLOX-TV in Biloxi reports (http://bit.ly/MNcWGI) the county has been notified by the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency that no reimbursement is coming.
MEMA, which administers disaster relief money, told county officials that the project was ineligible for reimbursement because the pier's repairs were done before the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's environmental compliance process was completed.
Board of Supervisors President Marlin Ladner says the county will appeal FEMA's decision, but if the money isn't reimbursed, the county have may have to absorb the cost. The appeal deadline is March 27.
MEMA officials say they will support Harrison County in its appeal.
Information from: WLOX-TV, http://www.wlox.com
TWT Video Picks
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Pentagon running out of time to find mass of missing weapons in Afghanistan
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring 'God's Rescue Squad'
- WEST: Those who would rather join the jihadi army than their own nation's army
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq