- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Franklin, Virginia top BC 74-59 at ACC tourney
Question of the Day
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) - Ataira Franklin scored 23 points and Virginia beat Boston College 74-59 on Wednesday in the first round of the Atlantic Coast Conference tournament.
Sarah Imovbioh added 14 points for the 10th-seeded Cavaliers (13-16) - who have never been seeded this low at the league tournament.
They shot 43 percent and scored 16 points off BC’s 17 turnovers to snap a four-game slide and advance to the second round, where they will face seventh-seeded Georgia Tech on Thursday.
Katie Zenevitch had 14 points, and Kelly Hughes and Lauren Engeln each had 12 points for the 14th-seeded Eagles (12-18). They ended their season with seven straight losses.
Lexie Gerson finished with 10 points for Virginia, which held a 37-24 rebounding advantage.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Inside China: Massive flight woes and a missile test
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq