- NAACP: Detroit water shutoffs are racially motivated
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Big milestone for Britain’s little Prince George who turns 1
- Murphy: Israel must be wary of Hamas using civilian deaths for recruitment
- Royce: Putin recruiting ‘every skinhead and malcontent around Russia’
- Nancy Pelosi is adamant: Congress worked together when Bush was president
- ‘Slender Man’ stabbing victim receives Purple Heart from anonymous veteran
- Kentucky city called socialist for buying gas station, undercutting competitor fuel prices
- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
Holy Cross beats Lehigh 54-48, advances to semis
Question of the Day
WORCESTER, Mass. (AP) - Malcolm Miller scored 19 points and grabbed eight rebounds as No. 3 seed Holy Cross beat sixth-seeded Lehigh 54-48 in quarterfinal action of the Patriot League tournament on Wednesday night.
Dave Dudzinski added 12 points and three blocked shots and Anthony Thompson had a career-high nine assists for Holy Cross (19-13), which will face American University in the semifinals on Saturday.
Justin Burrell’s 3 with 5 minutes to play gave the Crusaders a 49-40 lead before an 8-1 run by Lehigh (14-18) made it a two-point game with 58 seconds remaining.
Dudzinski hit a jumper 20 seconds later to make it 52-48 and, after Stefan Cvrkalj missed a 3-pointer on the other end, Miller hit a pair of free throws with 22 seconds left.
Mackey McKnight, who led Lehigh with 18 points, missed a pair of 3s in the waning seconds.
The Mountain Hawks shot 32.3 percent from the field.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters' questions on book tour
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Blunder on the bases costly in D-Backs' 4-3 loss
- Nancy Pelosi: Congress worked together when Bush was president
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq