- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
Houston has late run to beat South Florida 78-69
Question of the Day
The Cougars pushed the lead to eight on a House layup, but USF responded once more with an 8-0 run to tie it at 59 on a John Egbunu layup with 5:33 left.
Houston opened the second half on a 19-6 run to open up a 51-36 lead after two House free throws with 13:33 left. Rose and House each had six points in the spurt.
Houston used a 17-7 run over a 5 ½ minute stretch of the first half to open up a 22-13 lead on a House 3-pointer. House had eight points, and Brandon Morris had back-to-back 3-pointers to lead the run for the Cougars.
USF took a 30-29 lead with eight seconds left in the half on a Rudd dunk that capped a 9-0 run - seven scored by Rudd. However, Stiggers gave the Cougars a 32-30 lead at the half with a 3-pointer from just inside midcourt that banked in at the buzzer.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- More immigrants deported from New Mexico center
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Ron Paul: U.S. partly to blame for Malaysia Airlines disaster
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Pro-Russia rebel commander suggests passengers died days before Malaysian flight
- Vladimir Putin pressured to aid Ukraine plane crash probe, rein in rebels
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq