- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
Man convicted of murder in girlfriend’s NYC death
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - A New York City jury has convicted a law school graduate of first-degree murder in connection to the death of his girlfriend inside their home.
The Queens district attorney’s office announced the verdict against 35-year-old Jason Bohn on Wednesday. He faces up to life in prison when he’s sentenced April 2 for the June 2012 death of Danielle Thomas. Bohn’s lawyer had said his client suffered “extreme emotional disturbance.”
Thomas died of blunt force trauma to her neck and torso. Authorities who arrived at the scene found the 27-year-old’s body in a bathtub surrounded by ice.
A voicemail from a phone call made the day of her death was played at the trial. Prosecutors said the recording is of the assault on Thomas, with her begging for her life.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is 'torture'
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq