- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
Mount St. Mary’s edges St. Francis (NY) 72-71
Question of the Day
EMMITSBURG, Md. (AP) - Rashad Whack made a 3-pointer with 2 seconds left to give fourth-seeded Mount St. Mary’s a 72-71 victory over No. 5 seed St. Francis (N.Y.) in the first round of the Northeast Conference tournament on Wednesday night.
The Mountaineers (14-16) will play at No. 2 seed Wagner in a semifinal Saturday.
St. Francis led 70-65 with 42 seconds left. Gregory Graves and Whack scored to cut the lead to a point with 21 seconds left. St. Francis’ Lowell Ulmer was fouled and made 1 of 2 free throws. Ulmer stole the ball and again fouled but missed both free throws with 8 seconds left, setting the stage for Whack’s game-winner.
The Mountaineers trailed by 19 with 10 minutes left in the game. Whack scored 16 of his 28 points from that point on to rally the Terriers. Julian Norfleet added 17 points.
Ulmer led St. Francis (18-14) with 18 points.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- More immigrants deported from New Mexico center
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Ron Paul: U.S. partly to blame for Malaysia Airlines disaster
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Pro-Russia rebel commander suggests passengers died days before Malaysian flight
- Vladimir Putin pressured to aid Ukraine plane crash probe, rein in rebels
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq