- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Tennessee Tech holds off SIU-Edwardsville 74-67
Question of the Day
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Jeremiah Samarrippas scored 16 points and had 11 assists as fifth-seeded Tennessee Tech held off eighth-seeded SIU-Edwardsville for a 74-67 win in the first round of the Ohio Valley Conference tournament on Wednesday night.
Tennessee Tech (17-15) built a 19-5 lead nearly midway through the first half and led 38-22 at halftime, but SIU-Edwardsville cut its deficit to 64-60 on a layup by Tim Johnson with 1:55 to play.
Samarrippas then responded by hitting a 3-pointer on Tennessee Tech’s next possession to extend its lead to 7 as the Golden Eagles began putting the game away.
Dwan Caldwell, Javon McKay and Dennis Ogbe all scored 10 points apiece for Tennessee Tech, which shot 58.1 percent from the field.
Kris Davis led SIU-Edwardsville (11-20) with 19 points.
Tennessee Tech will play fourth-seeded Morehead State tomorrow night in the quarterfinals.
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Inside the Beltway: Republican posse rides out to fire Harry Reid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- KUHNER: Will Russia-Ukraine be Europe's next war?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq