- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
World Cup teams Switzerland, Croatia draw 2-2
Question of the Day
Drmic, who has Croatian family roots, scored his first national team goals to give Switzerland two first-half leads, and ensure coach Ottmar Hitzfeld will want to take the 21-year-old player to Brazil in June.
After Granit Xhaka’s 30-meter (yard) shot in the 31st was parried by goalkeeper Danijel Subasic, right-back Stephan Lichtsteiner fired the ball across the goalmouth but Drmic and teammate Valentin Stocker failed to connect.
Drmic then was unmarked near the penalty spot but met Gokhan Inler’s cross with a tame header at Subasic.
The Nuremberg forward dismissed his failures when seizing on indecision in Croatia’s defense to slip past Vedran Corluka and shoot left-footed, low past Subasic diving to his left.
Olic responded again early in the second half, muscling past Lichtsteiner to reach a well-weighted pass with a left-foot shot inside the far post.
Real Madrid midfielder Luka Modric’s entry as a substitute for Croatia in the 56th sparked a spell of domination by the visitors.
Croatia forward Eduardo, another substitute, dragged a right-foot shot wide of the far post in the 64th, and Bengalio dealt with a series of free kicks and crosses swung into the Swiss goalmouth.
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- MAY: Barbarians at Jordan's gate
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- BERMAN & MADYOON: An Iranian-Turkish reset
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq