- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- New bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
- Trafficking bust reveals worries over missing kids; minors as young as 11 found
- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
- Belgium pushes for clear labeling of goods from Israeli settlements
- ‘Queen of Mean’ Leona Helmsley’s former home hits market for $65M
- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
1 man detained in alleged Houston-area pill mill
Question of the Day
HOUSTON (AP) - A drug raid on a Houston-area home has led to one arrest and thousands of illegal pills confiscated from inside a house coated with powder residue.
Federal agents on Wednesday searched the northwest Harris County residence, detained one man and seized pill-pressing devices and chemicals used to make Ecstasy.
Authorities didn’t immediately release further details on the suspect pending an initial court appearance.
Department of Homeland Security spokesman Greg Palmore says powdery residue was on the walls, in the ventilation system and coated televisions and other electronics.
Palmore says agents had a search warrant for the home to check possible drug-related activity when they found thousands of pills. Palmore says investigators believe the suspect was a mass producer of illegal substances.
TWT Video Picks
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Proving A Point: Redskins' Bacarri Rambo vows to make impact in second year
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- National laboratory cancels 'Southern Accent Reduction' classes after outcry
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world