- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics: State Department
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
Yates holds off Kennedale in 3A 86-79
Question of the Day
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - Damion Lewis scored 22 points and Jacob Young made five 3-pointers as Houston Yates held off Kennedale 86-69 Thursday in the Class 3A semifinals.
Kennedale had cut Yates’ lead to 78-76 before Davion Houston made a 3-pointer with 1:03 to play. Yates then made five of six free throws over the final 17 seconds.
J.C. Washington had 19 points and 17 rebounds for Yates (24-8), which is seeking its third state title in six years. Yates won the 4A championship in 2009 and 2010.
Lewis was 5 of 22 shooting from the field but was 11 of 12 on free throws in a frenetic game that saw the team combine for 146 shots and 49 turnovers.
Ty Charles had 21 points and 17 rebounds for Kennedale (38-1).
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world