- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Ex-Doylestown Twp. supervisor sent to federal pen
Question of the Day
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - A lawyer and the former township supervisor of Doylestown in Bucks County will spend 18 months in federal prison for his role in a mortgage fraud scam that preyed on homeowners facing foreclosure.
The Intelligencer (http://bit.ly/1hV4JMF) said at his sentencing Friday, Jeffrey Bennett was also ordered to forfeit more than $200,000 in proceeds from the scheme. His law partner Stephen Doherty was sentenced earlier this week to a year and a day in prison.
They were among five people indicted several years ago in the scheme, which resulted in at least 35 fraudulent mortgage loans worth more than $10 million.
Authorities said the group targeted distressed homeowners, falsely promising they could save their homes. Instead, they obtained fraudulent mortgages and helped themselves to whatever equity was left in the homes.
Information from: The Intelligencer, http://www.theintell.com
TWT Video Picks
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Gen. James Amos, Marine Corps commandant, slams Obama's handling of Iraq
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- MAY: Barbarians at Jordan's gate
- Outrage over $190M border security deal for troubled federal contractor
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq