- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Stearns replaced by Donnelly as Seattle 3B coach
Question of the Day
Stearns had surgery for a hiatal hernia on Feb. 24 after lingering pain in his upper abdomen. He didn’t think he would be back with the team until mid-April, and general manager Jack Zduriencik says Stearns will work in the professional scouting department.
“I don’t want to be a distraction, and I don’t want the players to have to deal with a changeup as their season is starting,” Stearns said in a statement Friday.
Donnelly had been hired by Seattle to manage Tacoma of the Triple-A Pacific Coast League. He has coached third base for Pittsburgh (1993-95), Florida (1997-98), Colorado (1999-02), Milwaukee (2003-05) and the Los Angeles Dodgers (2006-07).
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world