- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
UC Riverside cruises past UC Davis 78-65
Question of the Day
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP) - Chris Patton scored 20 points on 10-of-17 shooting and grabbed nine rebounds to propel UC Riverside into the Big West tournament with a 78-65 victory over UC Davis on Thursday night.
UC Riverside (10-19, 5-10) opened the game with a 6-0 spurt to take a lead it would never surrender, carrying a 39-29 advantage into the break and continuing to pull away in the second half. The win secured the final tournament spot by giving the Highlanders a one-game advantage and the season sweep over UC Davis (9-21, 4-11).
Sam Finley contributed 19 points and Steven Thornton added 14 for UC Riverside, which shot 55 percent from the field and held a 34-26 rebounding advantage.
Brynton Lemar led the Aggies with 19 points, Corey Hawkins had 13 and Ryan Sypkens 10, including a trio of 3-pointers that set a new conference record at 312 career treys.
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- D.C. plans to seek stay of order striking down ban on handguns in public
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq