- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Chimney Rock Park reopens in NC mountains
Question of the Day
CHIMNEY ROCK, N.C. (AP) - Chimney Rock Park is reopening after two months of repairs on the road leading to the mountain park in Rutherford County.
Park officials say they are charging reduced ticket prices for Saturday’s reopening because the elevator to the top of Chimney Rock and the Hickory Nut Falls trail remain closed.
Part of the road leading to the park collapsed last May in heavy rains. Crews repaired the road and built a new retaining wall to protect it. The project took about twice as long as expected because of delays for snow.
Officials chose winter to close the park because it was the least visited time. Chimney Rock Park is known for its incredible views from the top of its 315-foot tall boulder.
TWT Video Picks
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- MSNBC's Ronan Farrow questions lack of racial diversity in emoji characters
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama vows veto of House border bill
- ISTOOK: Get ready for super-priced burgers due to NLRB decree
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world