- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
Davidson cruises over Samford 77-54
Question of the Day
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) - De'Mon Brooks scored 26 points and grabbed 12 rebounds as top-seeded Davidson cruised by No. 8 seed Samford 77-54 in the quarterfinal round of the Southern Conference tournament on Saturday.
Jack Gibbs added 14 and Jordan Barham 10 for Davidson (20-11) as the Wildcats extended their win streak to 13 games.
Davidson never trailed against Samford (13-20) and jumped to a 28-8 lead, led by 12 points from Brooks during the opening spurt. The Bulldogs were unable to recover and trailed by double digits the rest of the way.
Brooks scored 17 in the first half as Davidson held a 42-26 lead at halftime.
Both teams shot above 40 percent from the field but Samford had 15 turnovers compared with seven for Davidson.
Jordan Capps led Samford with 14 points.
Davidson will play in the semifinal round on Sunday against No. 5 seed Western Carolina.
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Proving A Point: Redskins' Bacarri Rambo vows to make impact in second year
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world