- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Delaware rallies to beat Hofstra 87-76
Question of the Day
BALTIMORE (AP) - Davon Usher scored 28 points Saturday and Jarvis Threatt added 22 as top-seeded Delaware beat eighth-seeded Hofstra 87-76 in a Colonial Athletic Association tournament quarterfinal.
Devon Saddler scored 15 for Delaware (23-9), Kyle Anderson 12, and the Fightin’ Blue Hens forced 15 turnovers.
Hofstra (10-23) dominated the boards, out-rebounding Delaware 39-28, including 17-8 offensive rebounds.
The Pride took an early lead but Delaware tied it at 32 when Saddler capped a 10-2 run with a pair of free throws. Hofstra surged ahead on back-to-back treys by Zeke Upshaw and led 40-37 at halftime.
Delaware opened the second half with a 13-2 run in which Usher sank two 3s, then led 79-67 after an 8-2 run capped by a Carl Baptiste dunk. Delaware hit seven free throws in the final minute to clinch the win.
Upshaw led Hofstra with 23, Dion Nesmith scored 16 and Stephen Nwaukoni 13. Jordan Allen grabbed 10 rebounds.
Delaware will play fifth-seeded Northeastern in the semifinals on Sunday.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- New York Times reporter Carol Vogel accused of plagiarism
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- ISIL destroys key bridge leading to Baghdad; suicide truck bomb severed supply line
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world