- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Morales tops convention gubernatorial balloting
Question of the Day
LAGUNA PUEBLO, N.M. (AP) - Sen. Howie Morales of Silver City has earned the top spot on the Democratic primary ballot in the race for governor.
Morales received 29 percent of delegate votes at Saturday’s pre-primary nominating convention at Laguna Pueblo.
Santa Fe businessman Alan Webber finished with 21 percent, according to unofficial results. Longtime government administrator Lawrence Rael got 20 percent.
Attorney General Gary King and Sen. Linda Lopez of Albuquerque didn’t get the necessary 20 percent support to earn an automatic spot on the June primary election ballot.
However, King and Lopez can still get on the ballot by submitting extra signatures on nominating petitions to the secretary of state.
Candidates will appear on the primary ballot based on their performance, with the Morales listed first.
TWT Video Picks
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- MAY: Barbarians at Jordan's gate
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- BERMAN & MADYOON: An Iranian-Turkish reset
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq