- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
San Francisco beats San Diego 69-60 in WCC play
Question of the Day
LAS VEGAS (AP) - Avry Holmes scored 19 points as third-seeded San Francisco held on to beat No. 6 seed San Diego 69-60 in the quarterfinals of the West Coast Conference tournament on Saturday.
San Francisco (21-10) advances to a Monday semifinal.
Holmes hit three 3’s and went 8 of 9 from the free throw line. Tim Derksen added 15 points and Cole Dickerson chipped in 14 for the Dons.
San Francisco pulled away in the first half to go up by 10 at the break. The Toreros rallied to within one with 8:30 remaining but San Francisco responded with seven-straight points to take the lead again by nine. The final 2 minutes saw five Dons go to the free-throw line and finish 9 of 11 to close out the game.
Dennis Kramer led San Diego (16-16) with 19 points and Johnny Dee finished with 13 after shooting 3 of 12 from 3-point range.
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world