- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- State Department: ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
Gonzaga edges Santa Clara 77-75
Question of the Day
LAS VEGAS (AP) - David Stockton sank the game-winning layup with 2 seconds left Saturday night to lift top-seeded Gonzaga past No. 9 seed Santa Clara in the West Coast Conference tournament quarterfinals 77-75.
Trailing much of the game, Gonzaga (26-6) retook the lead late in the second half on a Sam Dower layup that made it 68-67 with 2:52 to go. Santa Clara (14-19) tied the score again at 75 on a Jared Brownridge jumper with 10 seconds left, setting up Stockton’s coast-to-coast drive for the game-winner.
Dower finished the night with 23 points, and tied a WCC championship record by hitting 15 of 15 from the free throw line. Przemek Karnowski contributed 16 points and 12 rebounds, while Gary Bell Jr. had 13 points for the Bulldogs, who shot 53 percent from the field.
Gonzaga will play Saint Mary’s in the semifinals on Monday.
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world