- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Group home program closing at Jacksonville center
Question of the Day
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A group home for teens that opened five years ago in Jacksonville is set to close in April after never being able to fill to capacity with the youths it sought to help.
The Florida Times-Union reports (http://bit.ly/1iq9lx0 ) that the shutdown of the home that was opened as part of Jacksonville’s Youth Crisis Center in 2009 affects 23 employees who work in the Touchstone Village complex on the center’s campus.
Officials said the center averaged less than 50 percent occupancy for the affected program.
The ending of the program means the transfers of 13 boys and girls that are there now to other foster-care programs. There are 17 other group home programs like it in Duval County.
Information from: The (Jacksonville) Florida Times-Union, http://www.jacksonville.com
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Islamic militants seize Benghazi as U.S. evacuates Libya
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors