- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
17 Guam inmates test positive for tuberculosis
Question of the Day
HAGATNA, Guam (AP) - Prison officials in Guam say 17 inmates have tested positive for tuberculosis.
Jeff Limo, a special assistant to the Department of Corrections director, told the Pacific Daily News (http://bit.ly/1ua9Myv ) that the positive tests come after 60 inmates and guards who tested positive for tuberculosis in April. He says most were cleared based on X-rays.
Limo says more skin tests were given to 140 people at the prison. He says those who tested positive are being X-rayed to see whether they have active tuberculosis.
The tests were prompted by an inmate being diagnosed with the bacteria.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says tuberculosis can be fatal if not treated properly. The bacteria is spread through the air, though it can live in the body without making someone sick.
Information from: Pacific Daily News: http://www.guampdn.com
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world