- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Former employee sues Winthrop schools
Question of the Day
AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) - A longtime employee of the Winthrop schools whose contract was not renewed in June 2012 has filed a discrimination lawsuit.
The complaint by former bookkeeper Jennifer Ma Sims alleges that the district as well as the superintendent discriminated against her based on national origin and race, and retaliated against after she gave a school board member information about what she alleged was the use of the wrong fund to pay the food services director.
The 55-year-old Sims is originally from Taiwan and has lived in Maine for 30 years.
The Kennebec Journal (http://bit.ly/1hgtorP ) reports that Sims is seeking compensatory, punitive and civil penal damages; back pay and interest; plus the cost of the lawsuit, including her attorneys’ fees.
A lawyer for the school district called the lawsuit “meritless.”
Information from: Kennebec Journal, http://www.kjonline.com/
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors