- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics: State Department
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
Portillo’s hot dog restaurant may be for sale
Question of the Day
OAK BROOK, Ill. (AP) - The owners of a popular Illinois fast food chain say they’re considering selling the brand.
Portillo Restaurant Group Inc. is exploring a sale of its main restaurant line, Portillo’s Hot Dogs Inc.
The company has more than three dozen of the restaurants in Illinois, Indiana, Arizona and California. It’s known for its Chicago-style hot dogs, Italian beef sandwiches and chocolate cake.
Richard J. Portillo is president and CEO of the Oak Brook-based company. He says in a statement that the chain has had “significant growth” over the past 50 years since it began in a small trailer in Villa Park in 1963.
The company has hired Piper Jaffray & Co. to explore the sale.
Portillo Restaurant Group owns several other smaller chains, which weren’t mentioned in the sale announcement.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world