- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
Road to Hell getting a little smoother this summer
Question of the Day
The Livingston County Daily Press & Argus of Howell reports (http://bit.ly/1nLmqm1 ) a half-mile of traffic- and weather-beaten Patterson Lake Road leading to the Michigan community about 45 miles west of Detroit will be overhauled this construction season.
Mike Craine, Livingston County Road Commission’s managing director, says they’ll be “smoothing the road to Hell.”
The cost of the $150,000 project will be shared by the road commission and Putnam Township. Patterson Lake Road is part of a winding roadway extending from Putnam Township through Hell and west into Gregory in southwestern Livingston County.
The road to Hell last got a makeover in 2010. The project is one of a number in the county to repair heavily traversed roads.
TWT Video Picks
By Scott Pinsker
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll - Washington Times#.U9ZSgi7-CXU.twi
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq